Stand Up Paddle boarding is amazingly simple at its base level and it is so exciting to us that many of you will be able to undertake some of our more adventurous activities following little to no training at all.
We offer a great number of SUP activities to suit a whole range of abilities and to help you understand which you’ll be capable of undertaking, we have created this ‘ability & training index’ so that you can decide for yourself if you will can complete the activity, or will need to undertake the relevant training beforehand.
New for 2017, we have included a ‘Pre-Tour’ lesson activity so that you can boost your skills prior to the amazing SUP adventure. This offers you the ability to gain the relevant training at a fraction of the cost of our standard lessons when you book your SUP Adventure Tour at the same time.
- A base ability to self-launch & recover SUP from the water.
- Basic standing and kneel paddle skill.
- Self-recovery to board following falling in.
- Confident launch & self-recovery skill
- Confident, balanced paddle skill
- average level of paddle fitness and stamina
- Good understanding of turning and board control
- Experience paddling distance up to 10km and beyond* Self-recovery to board following falling in.
- Some professional training or relevant self-taught experience
- Solid paddle skill in wind up to 20mph
- Advanced board handing skills in wavy ocean conditions.
- Good level of paddle fitness and stamina
- Experience paddling distance up to 20km and beyond